Dr. Chunhai Fan, Professor
Research areas: Biosensors
DNA nanotechnology & computation
Chunhai Fan obtained his B.S. and Ph.D. from the Department of Biochemistry at Nanjing University in 1996 and 2000. After his postdoctoral research at University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB), he joined the faculty at Shanghai Institute of Applied Physics (SINAP), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) in 2004. He is now Professor and Chief of the Division of Physical Biology and the Center of Bioimaging at SINAP. He is an elected fellow of the International Society of Electrochemistry (ISE). He is also the Associate Editor of ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, the editorial board member of several journals (Scientific Reports, Advanced Healthcare Materials, Journal of Materials Chemistry, Electroanalysis, Particles etc.), and the Guest Editor of Advanced Materials.
Dr. Fan has published over 200 papers in peer-reviewed journals. He is the inventor on more than 30 patents (US, Chinese and International). His work has been recognized by many awards including National Award for Young Scientists of China (2011), CAS Award for Young Scientists (Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2012), CCS Award for Young Scientists (Chinese Chemical Society, 2006), NSFC Award for Outstanding Young Scientists (National Science Foundation of China, 2007).
Selected publications (from >200 papers; H-index:51; Reseacher ID)
1. Fu, Y., Zeng, D., Chao, J., Jin, Y., Zhang, Z., Liu, H.*, Li, D., Ma, H., Huang, Q., Gothelf, K.V. and Fan, C.* (2013) Single-Step Rapid Assembly of DNA Origami Nanostructures for Addressable Nanoscale Bioreactors. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 135, 696-702.
2. Pei, H., Liang, L., Yao, G., Li, J., Huang, Q. and Fan, C.* (2012) Reconfigurable Three-Dimensional DNA Nanostructures for the Construction of Intracellular Logic Sensors. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 51, 9020-9024.
3. Pei, H., Li, F., Wan, Y.W., M., Liu, H.*, Su, Y., Chen, N., Huang, Q. and Fan, C.* (2012) Designed diblock oligonucleotide for the synthesis of spatially isolated and highly hybridizable functionalization of DNA-gold nanoparticle nanoconjugates. J. Am. Chem. Soc., 134, 11876-11879.
4. Chen, P., Pan, D., Fan, C.*, Chen, J., Huang, K., Wang, D., Zhang, H., Li, Y., Feng, G., Liang, P., He, L. and Shi, Y.* (2011) Gold nanoparticles for high-throughput genotyping of long-range haplotypes. Nature Nanotechnol., 6, 639-644.
5. Pei, H., Lu, N., Wen, Y., Song, S., Liu, Y., Yan, H.* and Fan, C.* (2010) A DNA Nanostructure-based Biomolecular Probe Carrier Platform for Electrochemical Biosensing. Adv. Mater., 22, 4754-4758. (Cover paper)
Institute of Applied
Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Copyright; 2008 All