Research areas: Biosensors
DNA nanotechnology & computation
Chunhai Fan obtained his B.S. and Ph.D. from the Department of Biochemistry at Nanjing University in 1996 and 2000. After his postdoctoral research at University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB), he joined the faculty at Shanghai Institute of Applied Physics (SINAP), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) in 2004. He is now Professor and Chief of the Division of Physical Biology at SINAP and the Bioimaging Center of Shanghai Synchrotron Radiation Facility (SSRF). He is an elected fellow of the International Society of Electrochemistry (ISE). He is also an Associate Editor of ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, a Guest Editor of Advanced Materials, and serves on the editorial board of several international journals (Scientific Reports, Advanced Healthcare Materials, Journal of Materials Chemistry, Electroanalysis, Particles etc.).
Dr. Fan has published ~300 papers in peer-reviewed journals, and he was recently recognized as High Cited Researchers in 2014 by Thomson Reuters. He is the inventor on more than 30 patents (US, Chinese and International). His work has been recognized by many awards including National Award for Young Scientists of China (2011), CAS Award for Young Scientists (Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2012), CCS Award for Young Scientists (Chinese Chemical Society, 2006), NSFC Award for Outstanding Young Scientists (National Science Foundation of China, 2007).
Selected publications (from ~300 papers; H-index:54; Reseacher ID)
1. L. Liang, J. Li, Q. Li, Q. Huang,* J. Shi, H. Yan and C. Fan,* Single-Particle Tracking and Modulation of Cell Entry Pathways of a Tetrahedral DNA Nanostructure in Live Cells. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 53, 7745 (2014).
2. Y. Fu, D. Zeng, J. Chao, Y. Jin, Z. Zhang, H. Liu,* D. Li, H. Ma, Q. Huang, K. V. Gothelf and C. Fan,* Single-Step Rapid Assembly of DNA Origami Nanostructures for Addressable Nanoscale Bioreactors. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 135, 696 (2013).
3. H. Pei, L. Liang, G. Yao, J. Li, Q. Huang and C. Fan,* Reconfigurable Three-Dimensional DNA Nanostructures for the Construction of Intracellular Logic Sensors. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 51, 9020 (2012).
4. H. Pei, F. Li, Y. Wan, M. Wei, H. Liu,* Y. Su, N. Chen, Q. Huang and C. Fan,* Designed Diblock Oligonucleotide for the Synthesis of Spatially Isolated and Highly Hybridizable Functionalization of DNA-Gold Nanoparticle Nanoconjugates. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 134, 11876 (2012).
5. P. Chen, D. Pan, C. Fan,* J. H. Chen, K. Huang, D. Wang, H. Zhang, Y. Li, G. Feng, P. Liang, L. He and Y. Shi,* Gold nanoparticles for high-throughput genotyping of long-range haplotypes. Nat. Nanotechnol. 6, 639 (2011).
Institute of Applied
Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Copyright; 2008 All