Research areas: Biosensors
DNA nanotechnology & computation
Chunhai Fan obtained his B.S. and Ph.D. from the Department of Biochemistry at Nanjing University in 1996 and 2000. After his postdoctoral research at University of California, Santa Barbara (UCSB), he joined the faculty at Shanghai Institute of Applied Physics (SINAP), Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) in 2004. He is now a CAS Distinguished Professor, and Chief of the Division of Physical Biology at SINAP and the Bioimaging Center of Shanghai Synchrotron Radiation Facility (SSRF). He is a fellow of Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC) and an elected fellow of the International Society of Electrochemistry (ISE). He is also an Associate Editor of ACS Applied Materials & Interfaces, a Guest Editor of Advanced Materials, and serves on the editorial board of several international journals (ChemBioChem, ChemPlusChem, Scientific Reports, ACS Sensors, Advanced Healthcare Materials, Journal of Materials Chemistry, Electroanalysis, Particles etc.).
Dr. Fan has published ~300 papers in peer-reviewed journals, and was recognized as High Cited Researchers by Thomson Reuters. He is the inventor on more than 50 patents (US, Chinese and International). His work has been recognized by many awards including National Natural Science Prize (2016), National Award for Young Scientists of China (2011), CAS Award for Young Scientists (Chinese Academy of Sciences, 2012), CCS Award for Young Scientists (Chinese Chemical Society, 2006), NSFC Award for Outstanding Young Scientists (National Science Foundation of China, 2007).
Selected publications (from ~300 papers; H-index: 76; Reseacher ID)
1. H. Zhang, J. Chao, D. Pan, H. Liu, Y. Qiang, K. Liu, C. Cui, J. Chen, Q. Huang, J. Hu, L. Wang, W. Huang, Y. Shi and C. Fan, DNA origami-based shape IDs for single-molecule nanomechanical genotyping. Nature Commun. 8, 14738 (2017).
2. M. Liu, Q. Li, L. Liang, J. Li, K. Wang, J. Li, M. Lv, N. Chen, H. Song, J. Lee, J. Shi, L. Wang, R. Lal, C. Fan, Realtime visualization of clustering and intracellular transport of gold nanoparticles by correlative imaging. Nature Commun. 8, 15646 (2017).
3. G. Yao, J. Li, J. Chao, H. Pei, H. J. Liu, Y. Zhao, J. Y. Shi, Q. Huang, L. Wang, W. Huang and C. Fan, Gold-Nanoparticle-Mediated Jigsaw-Puzzle-like Assembly of Supersized Plasmonic DNA Origami. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 54, 2966 (2015).
4. M. Lin, J. Wang, G. Zhou, J. Wang, N. Wu, J. Lu, J. Gao, X. Chen, J. Shi, X. Zuo, C. Fan, Programmable engineering of biosensing interface with tetrahedral DNA nanostructures for ultrasensitive DNA detection. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 54, 2151 (2015).
5. H. Pei, F. Li, Y. Wan, M. Wei, H. Liu, Y. Su, N. Chen, Q. Huang and C. Fan, Designed diblock oligonucleotide for the synthesis of spatially isolated and highly hybridizable functionalization of DNA-gold nanoparticle nanoconjugates. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 134, 11876 (2012).
Institute of Applied
Physics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
Copyright; 2008 All